How to I prepare my pet for their visit?
- If your pet has been to another clinic, please have them email us the medical records to: [email protected] animalclinic.com
- If you are coming in for a procedure that requires anesthesia, please be sure not to feed your pet after 8 pm the night before.
- If your pet requires sedation prior to your visit, please call us in advance so that we can fill your medication.
- If you think there are any issues related to the urinary tract or digestion problems, feel free to bring urine and/fecal sample with you. It needs to be as fresh as possible. No samples more than 7 hours old are accepted. Keep the sample in the fridge until you arrive for your appointment.
- Note: If you bring your pet in for an exam when they are not feeling well, this is a “sick pet” appointment, it is NOT their annual exam. Please be sure to discuss any and all needs with your technician and doctor.
- There is a $50 fee if you cancel your surgical, dental, or any anesthetic procedure with less than 24 hours’ notice. There is a $75 fee if you no call, no show for your procedure.
- There is a $25 fee assessed if you no-call, no-show to your appointment, or give less than 24 hours notice.
What are your hours?
When are you closed for the holidays?
We are CLOSED on the following Holidays.
New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
Thanksgiving Day We will be closing at noon on Wednesday, November 24th and we will be closed from Thursday, November 25th through Saturday, November 27th.
Christmas Day We will close at noon on Christmas Eve.
What are your payment options?
We accept all major credit cards, cash, and check. We Do NOT accept CareCredit.